In the holiday season, we focus primarily on naturalness – bright reflections in the hair, delicate ginger and platinum blonde are the most interesting trends of this year. Are you fed up with your dark strands and dream about beautiful, lightened strands? Do you need a subtle change, but are you afraid that the bleaching treatment will irreversibly damage your hair and make it fall out? It doesn’t have to be this way! Bleaching your hair with chamomile may be the solution just for you!
In order to gently lighten the hair without damaging it, it is worth reaching for natural, proven methods that our grandmothers used. It is true that they are not as effective as hairdresser’s decolorization, but they do not weaken the hair. What are home treatments and how to carry them out? How are natural treatments different from visiting a specialist? How to properly care for your hair after the treatment? In the article below you will find all the information on this topic!
Precious properties of chamomile
Chamomile is one of the most famous herbal plants. It contains large amounts of antiallergic substances, choline, mineral salts and flavonoids. Applied from the inside, it has a relaxing and anti-inflammatory effect. Drinking chamomile infusion has a calming and relaxing effect. Chamomile regenerates the skin, so its use is recommended in the treatment of juvenile acne and allergies. Chamomile extracts have been added to hair care preparations for many years. It not only brightens the strands and adds shine, but also improves the condition of the hair thanks to the high content of minerals. Regular use of chamomile conditioners prevents hair loss and helps treat dandruff.
Step-by-step lightening of hair with chamomile
This method of lightening the hair is very simple and completely safe for the hair roots. It is enough to boil 2 tablespoons of chamomile in a liter of water, wait until it cools down, and then thoroughly soak the hair in the infusion. The chamomile should not be rinsed off for several hours or overnight. In order for the mixture to bring the best results, it is worth using it regularly – at least twice a week. We can also lighten our hair with natural shampoos and conditioners with the addition of chamomile, which can be found at the pharmacy. Importantly, bleaching hair with chamomile will only work on natural, previously undyed hair. This method is recommended mainly for blondes. Chamomile does not create yellow shades on the hair and gives it a natural shine. Remember, however, that the final shade of hair depends on the original color.
Lightening hair with lemon juice
Another effective hair lightener is lemon juice. It also works on dark shades. To lighten your hair in this way, squeeze the juice of the whole lemon, mix it with a little water and spread it thoroughly over the entire length of the hair. The mixture should be applied to dry hair, it is best to rinse it after a few hours.
Lightening hair with honey
Few people know that we can also use honey to lighten our hair. The honey mask with the addition of water decolorizes the hair and strengthens it at the same time. This method is recommended for damaged hair. With the help of honey, we can also obtain delicate, bright reflections. To lighten your hair with honey, add a few tablespoons to your favorite conditioner and then leave it on the hair for an hour.
Hair decolorization with wine vinegar
Another home lightening method is to rinse your hair with a solution of vinegar and boiled water. It is enough to rinse dry hair with a 1: 1 mixture, and then wash it with shampoo. The effects are visible immediately.
Lightening the hair at the hairdresser
Decolorization in a hairdressing salon is a great alternative for people who do not want to experiment with changing the color of their hair. However, before we decide to help a hairdresser, it is worth considering what effect we are going to achieve. Hair bleaching is an expensive procedure (from 300 to 1000 PLN). The exact price depends on the condition of the hair.
In hairdressing salons, strong, chemical products are used that damage the hair and can cause allergies. Nevertheless, professional hair removal is the best solution for people who want to radically change the appearance of their hair, for example going from black to blonde. It is worth knowing that in some cases hairdressers do not lighten the hair – mainly when the hair is very weakened by previous dyeing. Color pulling is a complicated procedure, so sometimes it is performed on several visits in order not to overburden the hair. Before visiting a hairdresser, it is advisable to properly prepare your hair, using masks and moisturizing conditioners.
Hair bleaching – side effects
Unfortunately, bleaching your hair too often (including home remedies) can cause side effects, such as:
- reducing the strength of the hair – it becomes very brittle.
- increasing the hair’s ability to evaporate water – this means the hair becomes stiff and difficult to shape. Therefore, styling hair after decolorization can be very difficult
- greater porosity – hair absorbs external substances faster, including impurities that have a negative impact on its structure.
- increased hair sensitivity – hair becomes susceptible to high and low temperatures and becomes tangled very quickly.
Due to the fact that bleaching hair is a very demanding procedure, it is worth taking care of proper care, both before and after decolorization.
How to take care of bleached hair? 6 important tips
The bleaching treatment opens the hair cuticles, making them more prone to damage and losing their shine quickly. What is worth remembering after decolorization? Below are 6 essential rules for daily hair care:
- Regular trimming of ends – systematic trimming of ends makes the hair nourished and does not dry out. Thanks to frequent visits to the hairdresser, the strands grow faster and look healthy and fresh.
- Less frequent washing of the hair – applying shampoo to the hair additionally dries it, so avoid washing it every day, especially for a few weeks after decolorization, when the strands are extremely weak. If our hair becomes greasy quickly, it is worth investing in a dry shampoo that will give it volume. We choose natural preparations with the best composition. Herbal shampoos with the addition of chamomile or nettle are perfect.
- Use of softening conditioners and oils – regular use of conditioners and oils is essential for bleached hair. Creamy conditioners, silk or coconut oil are a great way to enhance color and quickly regenerate strands. We can also rub oil (e.g. linseed oil) into the hair just before washing it.
- Changing the towels – if you regularly lighten or dye your hair, it is very important to use soft towels (microfiber ones will be the best). The rough material additionally irritates the bulbs. Remember to avoid abrupt wiping of your hair after bathing – instead, put a towel gently over your wet head.
- Protection during straightening and drying hair – daily treatments damage the hair a lot, and high temperatures additionally dry it. If we cannot give up a hair dryer or straightener, it is worth reaching for cosmetics that protect the hair, including heat protection sprays. When it comes to drying your hair, it’s best to do it with cool ionized air.
- Protecting your hair against UV rays – after bleaching, it is extremely important to properly protect your hair from the harmful effects of the sun. There are many preparations with a protective filter available in drugstores – it is worth using them every day.