Excessive hair is a problem for many women – thick, regrowing hair all over the body looks unsightly and causes many complexes. In summer, when we want to enjoy beautiful and smooth skin, it is worth focusing on effective epilation. It turns out that we do not have to spend a fortune on treatments offered by beauty salons – in the fight against unwanted hair, it is worth using natural, proven methods. How to weaken body hair? Find out more about it.
Hirsutism – where does excessive hairiness come from?
Hirusitism, or hirsutism, affects many women. It manifests itself in hair that grows not only on the legs, but also on the breasts, abdomen, face and other unusual places. This problem can be the result of serious hormonal disorders, so if regular hair removal is not enough, it is worth visiting a gynecologist who will find the cause of excessive hair growth. How do you know when you are dealing with hirusitism? The alarm signal should be hair that appears in large amounts on the face, on the inside of the thighs, on the breasts, and even around the back. Accompanying symptoms include oily hair, irregular menstruation or problems with becoming pregnant. The causes of excessive hair growth include:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- adrenal hyperplasia
- tumors and fibroids
- use of drugs for hypertension
Before we start thinking about visiting a beautician, it is worth going to a doctor who will perform basic tests, make a diagnosis and propose appropriate treatment methods. Remember that profuse body hair can also be inherited.
Weakening the hair on the legs – home methods
If, after each shave, even thicker hair grows back on your legs, it is worth finding a way to weaken the bulbs. Here are 4 best practices:
- Turmeric – is a spice that we often use in the kitchen. It turns out that it can also be used in cosmetics. To prepare a smoothing mask, simply mix 3 tablespoons of turmeric with a glass of milk and a tablespoon of cream, and then spread it on the skin. Leave it on for about half an hour and rinse. Thanks to this method, the hair will become weakened and less visible.
- Sugar paste – sugar is a proven ingredient used for peeling. We can prepare the paste on our own in a few minutes – all you need is a glass of sugar, half a glass of water and the juice squeezed from half a lemon. The ingredients should be mixed and brought to a boil so that the mass solidifies. After it has cooled down, spread it evenly over your legs, and then shave your hair. The effects will be visible after just a few applications.
- Almond oil – soothes the skin, and when used regularly, it helps to smooth the hair on the legs. It is worth using it both before and after shaving. Just apply it to your legs and let it dry.
- Egg mask – eggs help to get rid of unnecessary hair not only from the legs, but also from the bikini area and face. The preparation of an egg mask is extremely simple – just combine two eggs with two tablespoons of sugar and a tablespoon of flour, then gently rub into the skin and leave for a few minutes. Such a mixture effectively weakens the hair roots, thanks to which shaving gives much better results.
In pharmacies, you can find many professional products that weaken the hair on the legs, including soy isoflavones or herbal preparations that soothe the skin after depilation.
Underarm hair – how to remove it effectively?
Underarm hair should be removed not only for aesthetic reasons. Hair in this area causes more sweating and the multiplication of bad bacteria that negatively affect the condition of the skin and cause inflammation. If we want to weaken the armpit hair, we can use the same methods as for the legs. We should also remember to use deodorants without the addition of aluminum – delicate creams and roll’ons available in pharmacies will be the best. It is also important to replace your razors regularly – using one razor can lead to irritation and allergies as the skin in the armpits is very delicate.
Facial hair – how to get rid of it?
Facial hair can spoil even the best makeup … Fortunately, there are some natural and painless ways to get rid of unsightly facial hair. These methods can be used at home. Here they are:
- tea tree oil – natural oil has androgenic properties. It weakens the hair structure and soothes the skin. It is perfect for the care of oily and acne-prone skin – it is enough to regularly moisten the places where hair appears.
- banana and oatmeal mask – the texture of the flakes makes them work like the best peeling. 2 heaped tablespoons of oatmeal and a ripe banana are enough. The combined ingredients should be massaged into specific areas of the face, and then rinsed with lukewarm water.
- milk and gelatin – this mask is very sticky and immediately removes all unwanted hair around the face. To prepare it, mix 4 tablespoons of milk and 2 tablespoons of gelatin in a bowl, and then gently heat it. The mask should be gently massaged into the skin, left for 10 minutes and then washed off.
- onion with basil – onion in combination with basil inhibits hair growth. To prepare the mask, crush a few slices of onion with the addition of 3 basil leaves. Then spread it on your face and leave it for about 20 minutes, rinse with warm water. The mask does not irritate the skin and is suitable for all skin types.
Hair removal in the bikini area – what to do not to irritate your intimate parts?
Hair removal in the bikini area is a must if you are going on vacation and not only. Although the main task of the hair in this area is to protect against infections, epilation allows you to maintain proper hygiene – especially during menstruation. Hair removal in the bikini area requires a little more attention than removing hair from other parts of the body. Shaving your hair with a blunt razor can cause inflammation and ingrown hairs. Remember to replace the razor after just one shave. It is very important to properly prepare the skin for epilation. Before removing hair, moisten the skin, for example by bathing in hot water with the addition of a moisturizer. It is also worth remembering about proper care after depilation – creams will not only soften the skin, but also prevent ingrown hair. We can use cosmetics for children, such as powdery powders and chafing ointments. If the hair in the bikini area is very thick, we can use sugar peeling from time to time.
Laser hair removal – what should you know before the treatment? Prices, contraindications, side effects
Laser hair removal is the method that gives the best results when it comes to permanent hair removal in various places on the skin. However, before deciding on the procedure, it is worth knowing that in order to get rid of hair permanently, you should visit a beauty salon regularly; this is associated with high costs. The treatment is preceded by a consultation with a dermatologist who carefully checks the condition of the skin. Specific places on the body are illuminated with a beam of light – during the treatment, patients may feel a slight stinging. Laser hair removal is performed using various methods. We can choose photo-epilation, which permanently damages the hair follicle and prevents the growth of new hair. This type of treatment only removes hair that contains a large amount of melanin and is in the active growth phase. Beauty salons also offer laser treatments with higher power (Nd-Yag laser), the light of which penetrates into the blood vessels at the bottom of the hair and damages them. The prices of the treatments range from PLN 100 to PLN 1000 – it all depends on the place where epilation is performed and the amount of hair removed. Contraindications for depilation include:
- fresh tan
- skin diseases (psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, mycosis)
- unusual growths on the skin (a large number of warts, moles, scars)
- skin discoloration
- taking medications with photosensitizing properties
- coagulation disorders
As for the side effects of laser hair removal, slight discoloration or blisters may appear on the skin right after the treatment. However, these changes pass after a few days. Remember that we can significantly reduce the risk of side effects by following the doctor’s instructions. Both before and after epilation, we should avoid exposure to the sun. It is worth using delicate cosmetics and not rubbing the irritated places with a towel or clothes.